Saturday, June 21, 2008

May/June 2008

It's been a very busy few months. 3 out of 4 of us have our birthdays in the end of April and first half of May. Not to mention all the extended family members' and friends' birthdays in those few weeks! Paul's been very busy with the Store Front. There's something going on there almost every week night. He's there for 2 of them--the Ball room dancing class and the portrait drawing night. He's also overseeing and directing the whole thing and planning events and classes for the summer. It's definitely well used space. We just went to the song writer's concert there last night. School is still in session here but the homeschool co-op had it's end of the year picnic/recital/art show last week and I had my piano recital the week before. The boys finished up thier K/4th grade work yesterday. We will start 1st/5th this coming week. Since we only have school 4 days a week we have to have it pretty much year round. We get lots of breaks for visiting family, though.
Paul and Jae returned from a weekend trip to Mexico City on Monday. They were there with a videographer getting video footage to make clips for Crossroad's 30 Spiritual Adventure this fall. I'll try to get some of Jae's pictures on here soon. He's also working on a report about urban poverty. Maybe he will give me permission to post parts of it.

Jae's 10th birthday. He got to invite 4 friends to go to a Mets game with him. Unfortunately the Mets lost!

The Homeschool Co-op the boys go to once a week had an art show to show off what they'd done in art class throughout the year. It was very impressive!


Daniel's Gotcha day (June 22nd but we celebrated on the 18th this year). We're playing Yut, a traditional Korean game. We also celebrated by goning to Chuck e Cheese. I (Carisa) actually found a game there I like to play--Deal or No Deal! I won and got the highest prize one time! (I got the lowest prize the next time :-()

No comments: