Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Summer 2008


Our family has had a wonderful summer. Grandma came to visit for a few weeks in the beginning of July and was a huge help with the boys while I got ready for our vacation. Then we all drove down to Aunt Carey and Uncle Tom's in Maryland where the boys stayed for 11 days while Paul and I went on our 15th anniversary trip to Mexico! It was a very relaxing trip for Paul and I.



I don't think it was as relaxing for Aunt Carey, Grandma and Uncle Tom but everyone survived and had some good times! Paul and I spent most of our time relaxing on the beach. We did do a little sight seeing and the last 2 days we were on the beach I got sick. But I was feeling a little better by the time we got on the plane to go to Mexico city to visit some missionary friends and see thier ministry. That was a very eye opening trip for me.



When we returned from Mexico we went on a little vacation with Carey, Tom and the boys to Chincoteague, VA. We saw some wild ponies, ate some ice cream, did a little hiking and played some put-put golf. Then we headed back to Maryland to pack up and drive back to NYC!





The boys and I were here for 3 days and then we drove to KY to visit my parents. It was my first time driving the whole way by myself (usually Paul drives)! We had a wonderful visit there. The weather was beautiful and the boys got to spend lots of time outside playing badmitten and baseball with Nana and Poppaw and playing in the pool they'd set up on the back porch. They got to see lots of different kinds of birds, wild turkeys, deer and even a snake. We also got to visit my brother and sister-in-law and my grandparents.





While we were gone there were 3 mission groups here doing outreaches at the parks and helping other ministries. Two of the groups stayed at our house. The classes at the Storefront didn't go so well over the summer. Lots of people leave the city and their weren't enough kids registered for the classes. Next summer will hopefully go better.

We've been back for a week and a half now and are starting to settle back into the routine. Public school will be starting soon which means I start teaching piano lessons again and soccer season begins. Paul will be coaching Daniel's soccer team this year. Paul will again be involved in directing the Storefront and participating in several of the classes. The boys will attend the Homeschool Co-op again, although only for a half day a week this year. Our small group will start up again in a few weeks and we hope to have several new people coming.
Thank you to all the mission group participants for all your work in the city. Thank you to Grandma and Aunt Carey and Uncle Tom for making our anniversary trip possible. To Nana and Poppaw for all the fun you planned for the boys and I. And to everyone for your prayers for the ministry here in the city.
I hope you all have had a wonderful, relaxing summer enjoying God's creation!

No comments: