Jae started working mid-June for a guy at church who owns a delivery company. This is what Jae looked like when he came home from his first day of work: dirty, hot and tired. It's good for him! We're hoping he will get in at least 3 full days a week this summer.
We went kayaking/canoeing on Lake Jocassee on the Saturday before Father's Day. Daniel and Jae were in the kayaks and Paul and I were in the canoe. On the way out Daniel was flying ahead of us but on the way back the wind and the waves got strong and he was lagging behind. Jae was way ahead but Daniel eventually ended up passing Paul and I. Paddling a canoe against the wind is much harder than a kayak. Then we couldn't see either of them. Finally, I saw something orange bobbing in the water way ahead of us. A group of 3 kayakers got to him before we did. Daniel was floating in the water not far from the upside down kayak holding on to the paddle. His first words through his chattering teeth to us were "I saved the paddle!" We got the kayak turned right side up and one of the guys towed it to the boat dock (which seemed really far away paddling against the wind!) Daniel was holding onto the back of one of the other kayaks and we were all trying to get to the dock but he was having a hard time holding on. So we tried to get somewhere where he could touch the bottom so he could get in the canoe with us. It took a while but we finally got him in and all paddled to the dock. It was quite an adventure and I'm very thankful for life jackets!
I haven't made many friends at our church here in SC yet. I've been to several "women's" events but just haven't connected with anyone. This past week I attended a summer small group that the campus pastor is leading. I hope to get to know the ladies there better. And this past Saturday I went on a women's whitewater rafting trip near Ashville, NC. That was a really good time to get to know some people. I got to have some good chats with several of the ladies and hope to get to know them better in the future.
Getting ready to go.
Lunch
After rafting we all changed and went to a shopping center for a little shopping and an early dinner before heading back to Greenville.
The next day we dropped off Daniel at Appalachian Christian Camp in TN. He will be there until Friday when Nana and Poppaw will pick him up. He will spend a little over a week with them, helping Poppaw put down a wood floor in one of their bedrooms. Jae goes to camp next week and when I pick him up the following weekend we will drive to Ky and spend a few days. When we get back we will have a few days before the Stocktons come to visit! The summer is flying back so quickly.





No comments:
Post a Comment