Day 60 on the Whole30. I'm now down another 4 lbs. I've lost a total of 19lbs since December 3. My morning, fasting blood sugar has been in the mid to low 80s, which is really good. I've been symptom free from my auto-immune skin disease for about 4 weeks now. All my pants are baggy on me so I went to the thrift store today to buy some and came home with two size 6's (in different brands)!!!! I'd say it was all worth it!
![]() |
| My size 6 thrift store find |
I plan to try reintroducing foods soon to see which foods are my triggers. But I will continue eating mostly paleo (which is what Whole30 is based on). It would be nice to be able to eat out every once in a while, though. I did find a restaurant that can prepare Whole30 compliant meals and Paul and I will finally have our Valentine's date next Saturday. I still have a lot of work to do to try to figure out how to make meal planning and preparing easier and faster. And I need to work on saving some money on food. I finally did receipts yesterday and we didn't spend as much on food last month as I'd expected. It's still more than we budget, though. Since I'm making dinners and most breakfasts Whole30 for all four of us, it gets expensive. Teenage boys eat a lot! After about a month of not being too excited about not having cheese and grains (but not complaining, either) they've decided they really like some of the meals I make. Daniel filled his plate 3 times the other night...with broccoli! And they both eat tons of chicken whenever I prepare it with the skin on. So the grocery budget probably isn't going down too much.

No comments:
Post a Comment