Monday, September 18, 2023

September 2023

Won by One ministry
I've been working with Isabela at church for 5 years now.  She was in my class when I worked at the elementary school and when I quit I asked her mom how I could help her.  She said she hadn't been able to go to church much so I began taking Isabela to church with me a couple of times a month.  We'd go to the preschool class since that was the easiest class for her to participate in.  Over the years her mom started attending Seacoast and I began teaching Isabela every week since she had gotten too old to be in the preschool class.  We have several other special needs children who attend our campus but they are able to participate in the regular classes, although they could use some extra support.  And families have called the church asking what we have for special needs children.  We had another special needs family begin attending this past year and the campus pastor and youth pastor asked me to help get a special needs ministry started.  There was already one lady who had been teaching Isabela when I was out of town.  Over the past year we've had 3 other people join our team and in October another lady will join.  We will be able to have a class for the 2 girls who need one on one support every Sunday during one of the services.  The goal is to also have shadows who give extra support to the elementary class for those who need it and to recruit and train enough volunteers for the Won by One class that I can not teach every week and can be available to greet families and help them find the best class for their children and determine what support they need.  I'm so excited to have others join me in serving these children and families!


 

No comments: