
Babysitting Malachi

Jae and I took a field trip to the United Nations with our local homeschool group (below). We got to hang out a little at Grand Central Station, too (above).

Spring piano recital. I'm hoping to have more students this coming year.

My garden as of today. I have 2 tomato plants, a green pepper, 2 green bean vines, cucumber vine, basil, rosemary, and lettuce (on the other side of the yard, being eaten by aphids. :-() Since it's rained almost every day for the past month things are growing like crazy (including the bug population and weeds!) Do you like my improvised trellises and tomato cage? The old gate from our back yard, a baby gate and an old flower bed fence. If the garden goes well this summer maybe next year I'll invest in a real trellis! My garden is a part of my effort to save money, keep our family healthy and save the earth. I'm also grinding flour to make my own bread and other baked goods. Next.....well, I've joked with Paul that we need to raise chickens and goats for eggs and milk! :-) I've even checked it out and I can legally raise chickens in NYC. I don't think I'm ready for that yet. 2 crazy boys, a hamster and a goldfish are enough! By the way, the goldfish is in the blue trashcan (my rain barrel, which has been staying pretty full lately) as an attempt to keep mosquitoes from laying their larvae in there. It seems to be working and he seems pretty happy in there.
No comments:
Post a Comment