Curtis Family Highlights for 2010
Jae----My favorite highlights of 2010 would be the indoor waterpark and hotel, Great Wolf Lodge. I liked this because I got to go swimming almost every day. I also liked it because they had a huge game arcade. One of my other favorites was getting my 1ST soccer medal. I like this for two reasons. One, even though we got in 4th I still was on a winning team and I actually got to play. I also liked it because it was my very 1st medal. I liked my 12 birthday because I got to invite my new Youth Group friends. I also liked because I got a Lego set. I liked Video Game Night because I got to hang out with my friends. I also liked it because I got to play Madden 11. I also liked joining First Lego League because I got to hang out with my home school friends. I also get to play Video Games and build with Legos.
Daniel--
My favorite highlights from 2010:
1. Great Wolf Lodge because it had a water park and arcade.
2. My birthday because we had pizza for lunch and strawberry flavored cupcakes for dessert.
3. Movie night at school because we watched Toy Story 3.
4. Starting soccer because we won some of our games.
5. When I went to the hospital because I had some cookies and orange juice, and I also liked riding in an ambulance.
Paul---
2010 had lots of significant events for us. Selling the house we lived in for the last 13 years was tough, but we feel very blessed by God that He allowed it to go through as quickly as it did in such a bad economy. The house we were able to buy is a great place to do ministry and will help lighten our financial burden (once we finish all the work!) And it’s been wonderful having our good friends (family?) the Stocktons living in the same house. We really enjoy having them around.
We also had several really close friends move to various parts of the world. Some like the Firors we worked and live closely with for the last 5 years. Others, like the Macks we’ve had the privilege of being part of weddings and other significant life events. There were definitely some sad moments, but it was a great reminder of how God has always given us good friends. I’m so grateful for all of them.
Daniel started public school. I coached my third year of soccer. I reconnected with a best friend from high school, whom I hadn’t seen in 15+ years. Over all it’s been a good year and I’ve learned a lot about waiting on God.
Carisa----
2010 was full of changes. Moving 2 times this year (from our old house to an apartment in January and then from the apartment in to our new house in June.) Saying goodbye to at least 14 friends from Crossroads as they moved out of NYC. Saying goodbye to my grandmother as she moved to her new home in heaven. Daniel changing schools. Both boys beginning orthodontic work (Daniel a palate expander and head gear and Jae braces.) Many hard times and quite a few hard decisions that had to be made.
I am thankful for our new house and the opportunity to meet new neighbors. I’m thankful for all the families on this block and the community feel that’s here because most of the kids all go to the same school (1 block away). We love Daniel’s new school and his 3rd grade teacher. I’m thankful for the new people that God is bringing to Crossroads. Although we’ll miss my grandmother, I’m thankful that her new home is much better than our’s! I’m thankful for the boys’ orthodontist, who’s a Christian and is giving us a discount on both the boys’ work. Unlike Daniel, I can’t say spending Christmas day last year in the ER at 2 different hospitals would be one of my highlights. But I am thankful that it was nothing serious and although both of our boys have more than their share of health issues, God has provided us with good doctors. One of the benefits of living in NYC is that there is no shortage of specialists.
I am hoping that there will be a few less changes in 2011. I’m looking forward to the house being finished and being able to earn some income from it, have a back yard for the boys again and room for kids to run around and play in the new basement. I’m hoping for a less busy year with more time for getting to know our new neighbors and maybe do a little gardening again.
--Carisa
Merry Christmas!

No comments:
Post a Comment