Wow! I haven’t blogged since Daniel’s birthday in January. It’s been a busy year. So I’ll just make this a quick year in review!
Throughout the year work continued on the house: mainly the basement and backyard. In March we had a mission group help clean up the backyard one day.
Nana and Poppaw visited in April. For mine and Paul's birthday presents they helped out with some of the expenses of getting our backyard cleaned up and ready for use. And Poppaw came up with a great idea of how to use all the dirt we were trying to figure out how to get rid of. It took all spring but we finally got my garden walls built out of dirt-filled sand bags and I was able to plant my veggies and herbs in time for a summer garden.
In July the boys and I took our first Amtrak ride: to KY. It was an experience. We got to go to museums, lots of fishing and now Jae gets to brag that he's visited the ER, too. (Daniel was the first to get to brag about this on Christmas day, 2009.) Jae had to have a fish hook removed from near his eye. Everything was fine, though. Not nearly as scary or drawn out as Daniel's ER experience!
Paul and I got to go to Fl. for a few days in August. Grandma stayed home with the boys. Then she got to join us for a good part of our "staycation".
This school year I am homeschooling both boys. Here are our first day of school pictures. I haven't homeschooled both of them for 2 1/2 years. It's taking some getting used to and definitely takes alot more of my time and energy than just homeschooling one. Jae is in 8th grade this year and Daniel is in 4th.
One of the things Daniel was looking forward to being homeschooled was all the field trips. Well, the group isn't taking as many this year as last but we took a pretty cool one on Columbus day. The boys got to participate with the group at a ropes course. Daniel faced his fears and climbed 30 feet in the air!
They both participated in a 10 week homeschool bowling league and Daniel played soccer again this fall.
This year has been full of frustration and waiting and spending more money than expected to finish the house. We found out over the summer that the foundation on the extension wasn't poured deep enough so we had to have it repoured. We had to hire a new contractor (the original contractor we had hired got a new job but we still get to see him since he comes to Crossroads now (and Paul married he and his wife this fall).) And the new contractor had to undo some of the work we'd already had done to repour the foundation. But now it's all done. The backyard is all ready for the summer. We will have 41+ people in our new basement for our Crossroads Christmas Brunch (in place of a Sunday service on Christmas day)!
We hope that you all have a wonderful Christmas and that you will make the focus of your Christmas this year celebrating Jesus' Birth by following His example.
We hope that you all have a wonderful Christmas and that you will make the focus of your Christmas this year celebrating Jesus' Birth by following His example.
"The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor."
Luke 4:18
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
James 1:27
" For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’ "
Matthew 25:35-36
Make a Difference this Christmas
Worship Fully
Spend Less
Give More
Love All




No comments:
Post a Comment