On the Saturday before Easter we drove about an hour and a half north of the city and went on a hike. It's hard to tell from the pictures but it was a pretty steep hike up the mountain.
Once we got up pretty high we were on the Appalachian Trail and it flattened out a little.
At the top
Someone had planted these at the top of the mountain.
We hiked up from near this bridge.
For the grandparents, who've been to Bear Mountain with us, that's the Bear Mountain Bridge. The mountain we hiked up is across the Hudson River from Bear Mountain and you can see the hotel, the lake and the Bear Mt. Zoo in the picture below.
Lunchtime
Heading back down.
Back where we started. It was a good hike and I'm glad to say I WAS able to walk the next day!
On the way back we sort of accidentally drove through some cute little towns. Paul turned around so I could get this picture!
Unfortunately, we didn't have time to get out and tour the Sleepy Hallow cemetery! We'll have to plan that for another trip. We drove through several towns named after Irving on the way home.
Spring is here!
I have pictures from Easter and a few trips during our spring break week but the internet is running slow right now so they will have to wait for another day.
No comments:
Post a Comment