Sunday, April 15, 2012

Easter and Spring Break

 Here are some shots of the Dyker Beach Golf course catering hall where we have our once a month, all together services.
 Easter Sunday after the first service.
 Lori and I teach in the nursery each month.  It's turned into more of a preschool class as the kids have grown up.  But there are 3 new babies that will be joining us soon.  So some of these kiddies will need to move up to the PreK/Elementary class soon.

 The boys' Easter egg hunt.  I'm so thankful that we can finally use our backyard!

 Easter dinner:  Ryan (Bradley's hiding under the napkin :-)), Caden, Andrea, Dan and his roommate, Josh, joined us for dinner.
Jae re-hid the eggs with stickers in them for Caden.

 We got to take one field trip over spring break.  Here's Daniel in his favorite place on the subway--the first car watching out the window.
 We went on the George Washington's New York walking tour. Jae and I did it last year with the home school group.  It started at Castle Clinton by the ferry to the Statue of Liberty.  This is the statue that was in the plaza at the World Trade Center.
Don't know why I didn't take any pics of Castle Clinton.  Maybe because it was packed with people waiting in line for the Statue of Liberty ferry tickets, like the people above.  But this is the view of lower Manhattan from the castle.

I think they are re-enacting the Patriots rioting and getting ready to tear down the statue of King George in Bowling Green..  Or they are just being crazy boys, don't know. :-)

 That's Fraunces Tavern in the background.
 Studying the tour guide on Stone Street.

 Daniel's spring allergies kicked in as we headed to Federal Hall, so we took a detour to the Trump Plaza Duane Reade (drug store).  It's the fanciest drug store I've ever been in!  We got some eye drops, took some benedryl and waited in the pharmacy sitting area for it to kick in so Daniel could continue the tour.
 Federal Hall




 In front of Trinity Church.
 Alexander Hamilton's grave in the Trinity church cemetery.
Robert Fulton and other famous people are also buried there.



 We had to backtrack to go to the Fraunces Tavern museum after lunch because it wasn't open in the morning.  We were running out of time (and Daniel was running out of energy and interest) so we had to cut out the last stop on the tour:  St. Peter's Chapel, where Washington went to church when he was president in NYC. 
 Instead, we stopped at the Smithsonian National Museum of the American Indian.  It's free and right above our subway stop to go home.


 Paul and Ryan took the boys to the New York Car Show at the Javits center yesterday.  Looks like they had fun!  And I got to enjoy a quiet house.  I got so much cleaning and work done and had a little time to hang out in the back yard, soak up some sun, do some reading and talk on the phone to Mom!





Tomorrow we go back to a normal school schedule.  But I get a day off on Wednesday!  Paul's been giving me a day off once a month for the past couple of years.  They are so needed.  I'm hoping to get to go to the Brooklyn Botanical Garden and see the cherry blossoms.  And although we need rain badly (we're in a drought here in NY) I hope Wednesday is a sunny day!

No comments: