Paul gives me a day off from homeschooling each month. This month I took my day off and spent it at the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens. It's one of my favorite places in the city and especially in the spring when the cherry blossoms are blooming. I was able to go on the day when the cherry blossoms were at their peak bloom! It was so beautiful and I had so much fun with my camera. I took 405 pictures! I was able to walk all over the gardens several times trying to get just the right shots. I'm now trying to decide with pictures to have printed and framed.
In this picture you can see the cherry blossoms, lilacs and wisteria blooms. The cherry blossom esplanade used to be my favorite place but now I think it's the lilac section. It smelled so good and there were so many different colors.
I hope to go back to the gardens in the next few weeks to see the rose garden in bloom.
Paul's mom was able to be here and celebrate Paul's 42nd birthday with us this year. We celebrated with Cinnabun, of course!
Lindsey made Paul a huge cinnamon roll for his birthday and brought it to Community Group.Here's part of our community group enjoying Sunday lunch (actually in the picture we're enjoying desert). This isn't everyone. There are about 23-24 people in the community group that meets at our house (well, in our apartment. There's another community group that meets upstairs in the Stockton's apartment.)
No comments:
Post a Comment