Thursday, April 30, 2020

Paul's 50th Birthday Facebook Page


Image may contain: text
APR28

Paul's 50th Birthday

Private
 · Hosted by Carisa Curtis
Paul turns 50 next Tuesday!!! Even though we can't celebrate the way we'd planned let's make his birthday special. Please share a message, memory, video or photo on this page and I'll share them with him on his birthday. (He can't see this page yet.) If you'd like to mail a card, pm me and I'll give you our address. Thanks for helping us celebrate!
Happy 50th Birthday Paul!! 🎉
From Adam: Thanks for being there at woolworths in the mall laughing at the photoshopped “kid adults”. I’m surprised we didn’t get kicked out of the store. I’m equally surprised at how no one, and I mean not one girl went out with either one of us using this great marketing campaign with hand crafted letters taped to your wall. It’s a mystery for sure. And the bachelor party, was it poker or euchre we played on top of someone’s porch roof? Oh well, that was almost 30 years ago, what happened to our hair? Happy 50th!!
Comments
  • Paul Curtis Wow. Those are some great and funny memories Adam! I can't believe you have a copy of that adult/kid postcard. We laughed so hard. Oh, and I actually got lots of dates from those pictures. I use them with Carisa. I miss you!
en l was 6 months pregnant with Noah and Tom was in Iraq. You’re always there to listen and encourage and offer your thoughts. You’re one of the first people I call when I need advice. You’re a mentor and friend and the best big brother. You’ve impacted my life more than you’ll ever know and I will forever be grateful for you. Happy birthday old man 💕. Love, Carey
Comments
Happy Happy Happy 50th Birthday Paul! Grateful for you! PS - remember when you helped me get 2 ping pong tables from two different houses?  Forgot to mention that 
-1:16
Comments
  • Paul Curtis Thanks Jack! I was so glad when you joined Seacoast. And getting those ping pong tables was literally the first thing I ever hauled with the first truck I have ever owned. It was a maiden voyage!
    1
  • https://www.facebook.com/jackhlong/videos/10159265689780681/?t=20
Paul,
I am so lucky to have you as my brother in law. I am so thankful especially for the few years in Greenville we had together. We really got to know each other well through church, monthly family lunches, and the men's hike! I have so much respect for you and your faith. You are such a giving person and devote so much of your time to furthering God's kingdom. You are such a great example of someone who is storing up treasure in heaven. You have taught me a lot but more in the example of the way you live life and love others.
Tom
Comments
  • Paul Curtis I was happy when my sister married such a great and godly guy. But now I feel blessed to have you as a brother and friend!
    1
    Thank you for serving as best man at our wedding and for being such a good friend to Les! Your heart for Christ's kingdom, your love for Carisa and your boys, and your kind spirit have been a blessing to us and to so many others.
    I hope and pray that your day overflows with countless blessings.
    Happy 50th Birthday! Here's to many more adventures!
    Comments
    • Paul Curtis Thanks Kara! Love you!

    Happy Birthday Paul! We love and appreciate you so much!
    Pastor Ross and Misty
    -1:28
    Comments
    • Paul Curtis Thanks Ross and Misty. I love your heart and spirit. You guys lead us in such a humble and godly way. It's a blessing to be part of Seacoast Greenville.
    • https://www.facebook.com/misty.d.white.7/videos/10223113861297540/?t=6
    • Happy happy 5-0!!! We hope you have the BEST day!!!!!
      Comments


  • Happy B-Day Paul! Always a great friend and mentor. Thank you for being there for us and always remember we were your first wedding!
    Comments
    • Paul Curtis YES!!! I think I was as nervous as the bride and groom! I made a joke about Louis being a Yankees fan...even though you are a diehard Mets fan! I though you were going to ask someone else to sign the marriage certificate! Seriously, it was such a fun thing to go through the premarital counseling and the wedding with you guys!
    Happy 50th Birthday Paul! my first memory of you was at crossroads and you were preaching at the public school on 86th street. I’m pretty sure it was my first time hearing you preach. Your words were assuring, sincere and wise. You forever remain as such. Happy Birthday friend! love Stacy, Jonathan and Dean
    Comments
    • Paul Curtis Thanks Stacy! I miss you guys!

    • Happy 50th to our favorite son-in-law!
      Comments
      • Dana Luttrell Hoffman Happy Birthday, Paul!!!!
      • Paul Curtis Thanks Danny & Donna & Dana!
        1

      • Happy 50th, Paul! From Tracy and Mark Bumgarner
        -2:24
        Comments
        • Paul Curtis Thanks Mark! Great words. I appreciate you as a brother and friend!
        • https://www.facebook.com/tcbumgarner/videos/10100629992691674/?t=11
        • Hope you have a great day!
          Comments




        • I am who I am today, in large part, because of Paul Curtis.
          I nearly flunked Greek 1. That’s odd for a professor, half of whose load every year is teaching Greek, to admit. But it’s true. I remember the day I realized that I was either gonna have to drop Greek and tell my father that I wasted his money, or buckle down and learn the language. I chose the latter, and I only got through it because of Paul Curtis. The endless hours we spent studying Greek—in our rooms, in the car, over the ping-pong table (where some of our best volleys were ones where we weren’t even keeping score, but reciting verbs)—these hours shaped me, and still form the ways that I counsel students in my Greek courses to learn the language.
          It was a conversation I had with Paul about asking Carisa to marry him that caused me to think about where my own relationship with Kara was heading. I remember asking Paul, “What made you think to do this?” and he said, “Because I don’t want this relationship to end, and if we’re gonna go forward, this is the next step.” It caused me to ask myself, “Where is my relationship with Kara going?” And the rest, as they say … is four kids!
          I’ve admired many things about Paul: his church-planting, his one-on-one discipling expertise, his patience (which really stands in contrast to my impatience!) and his desire to know all things Christ.
          I could say, “I am who I am today because of Paul Curtis” from my profession to my family. But to say such would be to take the focus away from Paul and put it squarely onto myself. And that’s not what I intend to do. I would never do such a thing. (Perhaps a person who randomly bought an RV would, though.)
          So probably the best thing I could say is this: I am who I am today because Christ is at work—powerfully—in the life of Paul Curtis. Because Paul Curtis is submissive to Christ. Because Christ shines through Paul Curtis.
          And if I know him well, this will be the most encouraging and honoring thing he’d ever want to hear.
          Comments
          • Image may contain: 7 people, including Les Hardin, people standing, suit and indoor
          • Paul Curtis Wow. That means a lot Les. I love how you have pursued God throughout your life. You have had such an incredible influence on me. And I have such fond memories of D-group, studying Greek, ping pong tournaments, and jumping on your bed at 5am when you didn't make it to devos! Love you brother!
          • **Paul was Grandma's first grandbaby .. sweet little boy.
            **Paul's 4th birthday (seems like yesterday)
            Comments
            • Paul Curtis Thanks Mom!!!

            • From me & Wanda Marrero Padilla :
              If we could change one thing about this photo, it would be to put you at the bottom of the pyramid. Not because we want you to get crushed by everyone..... 😜
              But, because your leadership and insight supported and held us up at a critical moment in our lives.
              We came to Crossroads as new parents & burned out from the typical "church life" stuff. It was your wisdom, your example and encouragement that helped us to keep our eyes on Christ, to continue serving, and to develop incredible relationships at Crossroads.
              But you also showed us that a pastor can be a great friend, which was a concept that was totally foreign to us.
              Happy 50th birthday, and many more!
              Comments
              • Paul Curtis Jon and Wanda, you are quintessential Brooklyn! Your love and embracing of me was like all of Brooklyn telling me I was welcome, loved, and at home! Your friendship and shared leadership at church meant the world to me!
                1







    • Happy 50th Birthday, Paul! I have been thinking recently of a sermon that I heard you preach at Crossroads many years ago. You had large toy bricks and you were building a wall and you told us that was not the way that God wanted us to view people - as those on the inside and those on the outside or “us vs them.” It really helped me because throughout college and my 20s I had begun to feel like there was this huge chasm separating me from other people who were farther from God. It sometimes felt like there was no point in even trying to bridge that divide because we were just too different. Today I feel very differently. It is now easier to love others who are different from me and to communicate about my faith in an integrated way. Thank you for doing that sermon which was the beginning of a shift in my thinking and behavior.
      Comments
      • Paul Curtis Thanks Kristina. I've always felt that your faith journey was sincere. I remember other conversations we've had or email exchanges discussing things you were chewing on in your faith. I appreciate your honest desire to be real in your faith.
      • Hi Paul. Caleb and I wish you a very happy 50th birthday! I feel so blessed to have gotten a chance to know you and your family during my time at Crossroads. I remember feeling so welcomed the first time I stepped into Crossroads and you came up to me to welcome me. Caleb and I still talk about our premarital counseling session that we had with you. We had so much fun during those sessions. Happy birthday!
        Comments



      • Happy 50th birthday! It will be one to remember 😂. Turning 50 during a pandemic!!!
        Wishing you a fabulous day filled with love.
        Bill and Connie
      • Paul Curtis Thanks Connie!

      • Happy Birthday to always the "best man" in the room! We love you and are thankful for the heart and love and thoughtfully selfless life we've gotten to enjoy. Too many fun and important memories to recount them all. You OLD bro. We love you.
        Happy Birthday! Brad and Joy
        Comments
        Delete or hide this



No comments: