The view from the top of the cliff and the gift shop patio
Instead of the sea lions being behind bars in a cage, we were.
Back on Highway 101
The Oregon Sand Dunes
It was a cold rainy day but we still had fun. And it stopped raining for part of our ride.
We saw these rocks while we were driving and then saw a construction pull off all covered in piles of rocks. We pulled over, climbed up a pile of rocks and caught this just a sunset.
The view from our cabin at the Whaleshead Beach resort. That's Whaleshead beach which would be hidden in fog by the time we got there to explore later in the day.
This was one of the most beautiful places we'd seen yet.
Paul had read that there was a not well used path down to that beach behind us. The article called it the Secret Beach. Of course we had to get down there.
Paul and Daniel went on down ahead of me since I was taking my time on the rough path, trying not to trip.
Paul got these videos before I made it down. You can see me at the end of the video below thinking "how in the world do I get down there?!?!"
This is what I had to climb down! Paul helped me.
My view before climbing down.
It was worth it once I finally got down to the beach.
He's hovering!
I did not climb up the waterfall but the boys did.
Our next hike was to see a natural bridge. The fog had rolled in.
Whaleshead beach in the fog.
Back on Highway 101 heading to Orick, CA. I should have been taking pictures of all the cannabis dispensaries along Highway 101. They were everywhere. At one town I saw someone wearing a sweatshirt with "Wayhigh 101" on it and I thought it was just making fun of how many places you could buy it on 101. Paul said we'd passed a dispensary called Wayhigh 101 while I'd been sleeping. I wish I'd gotten a picture!
"Welcome to California. Give us your fruit!"
They let us keep our bananas! :-)




















































No comments:
Post a Comment