Sunday, May 29, 2022

Red Canyon

I really wish it was easier to rearrange the order of pictures in here.  Again, they are all out of order.  We stopped by the Red Canyon visitor center on our way home from Bryce Canyon.  We decided to come back the next day to hike after online church.  This was a beautiful hike and it's was supposed to be a fairly easy and short one--less than 3 miles.  But it was the hardest and most stressful for me!  The path was extremely narrow and at times there were drop offs on each side.  And it was mostly gravel and I was afraid I'd just slide off the mountain.  And it was super windy, especially up high.  And there was lots of up and down.  My toe started hurting about halfway through and I had to go to the bathroom.  Paul figured we had less than a mile left to go.  It took 2 1/2 hours to go that last mile!  And according to my fitbit the hike was almost 8 miles long.  I think because it measures by my normal stride and I was taking super little steps trying not to fall down!  I was exhausted after we finished and Daniel started feeling sick that night.


This was the most stressful part.  Its hard to tell from the picture but these "steps" were at a high point of the hike and a drop off on both sides.  It was so windy that it felt like I'd blow over every time I lifted a foot to step over the logs.






See how narrow the path was?


It was so windy up there!


Paul took this hike the next day.  I was too exhausted to do much.

 

No comments: